Tuesday 15 November 2011

Croc, Crackle and Co

 After a little internet browsing I came across this, first on Barry M's website and then after further googling, on various blogs. This is the new take on the shatter topcoat trend, this time instead of a shatter the effect is that of crocodile skin. There doesn't seem to be any swatches yet but Barry M have uploaded a tutorial video which you can view here. From what I can gather it seems the product only launched about ten days ago, but I am yet to see it on my almost daily Superdrug/Boots visit whilst doing my usual work-train station route. I'm in two minds of whether to quickly change my nails from a dark to light colour in the morning so if and when I see this in store I can do a quick swatch to see the effects for myself before I buy...

 When the crackle phenomenon first took hold I didnt actually have any nails to paint, so I had to sit and watch my housemates sit and first paint their nails a festive gold colour, then apply the crackle topcoat and watch in absolute wonder as their nails transformed before their very eyes. I wasn't jealous, at all. So when my day finally came I was a little disappointed with the results, it didnt help that I was about six months behind the trend and that it had already been done to death but I just didnt love the effect all that much. I'm hoping that with a little less pressure on the croc effect and the fact that its brand spanking new giving a helping hand, I might actually like this one a little more. I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment